Scooters are a green and modern way to get from point A to point B. But just because you’re riding around on two wheels doesn’t mean you can stop paying attention. To ensure you reach your destination safely, be sure to drive carefully! Here are a few safety-related things to remember.
- Meet the minimum age to ride an e-scooter in your city.
- Make sure an e-scooter is in topnotch shape before riding.
- Ride solo. e-scooter is built to only support one at a time.
- Wear a helmet (not required, but highly recommended).
- Ride with courtesy, respect, and caution.
Scooting on roads
- Follow the traffic rules. Obey traffic signs and signals.
- Ride an e-scooter in a bike lane, or on the right-hand side of the road (Some cities allow sidewalk riding).
- Park the scooter in bike racks or other lawful spots.
We encourage you to always wear a helmet. Helmet is your cheapest life insurance!
Don't drink and scoot
Scooting while drunk is a dangerous and lame way to get a DUI. Don’t’ take unnecessary risks!
Avoid distracted driving
We encourage you putting down the phone for texts, calls, and checking your email, while driving.
Be aware, some cities have speed limits for e-scooters. Stay within a safe range of speed.